With the emergence of COVID-19, many people are wondering what the deal is with coronavirus bail bonds.
Are you still able to get a bail bond during the pandemic? Are bail bonds even necessary since many people are being released from prison with a zero-cash bond? Let’s take a few moments to cover the basics.
Why are zero-cash bonds being offered?
During the start of the shutdown, the Judicial Council decided to offer zero-cash bonds for anyone with a misdemeanor or lower-level felony. This was to avoid spreading the virus in an already overcrowded and confined space.
However, judges still have the opportunity to prevent certain suspects in custody from taking advantage of a zero-cash bond (if that person poses a higher risk to society). And, of course, any person with offenses more serious than a misdemeanor or lower-level felony is also denied a zero-cash bond.
Who does not qualify for a zero-cash bond?
There are more than a few reasons why someone might be denied a zero-cash bond — but most, if not all, of the reasons directly relate to the safety of the public or any victim(s) and whether or not they pose a substantial flight risk.
Here are just a few reasons why someone might not qualify for a zero-cash bond:
- That person is considered a flight risk
- There’s more evidence than usual to depict guilt
- The offense involves violence against another person
- The offense involves sexual assault
- The person has threatened someone with bodily harm
- The offense is higher than a low-level felony
What happens if you do need a coronavirus bail bond?
If a person finds themselves in a bind and in need of a bail bond during the pandemic, there’s good news. Bail bond companies are still open and doing everything they can to ensure quick releases. Here at Cowboy Bail Bonds, we’re working double-time to help our clients post bail. Here are just a few of the reasons we are the go-to bail bond company in Bakersfield:
- We offer the lowest rates allowed by law
- We provide easy-to-qualify requirements for co-signers
- We can promise flexible credit terms and payment plans
- We are available 24 hours a day for fast bail bonds
- We will meet you at our office or any place of your choosing
- We are able to write most bonds with just a signature as collateral
- We can help you bail online or by phone or fax
Contact Cowboy Bail Bonds for bail bond assistance
Need help making bail? Give us a call at 661.324.6009 or fill out our online form to get immediate help. We are available 24/7 to help you or your loved ones make bail.